Thursday, December 17, 2009

Good Day

Today was a good day. In retrospect, I almost started to say, wow-- "well balanced" between work and play. But then I remembered that I'd spent most of my work hours at our staff holiday luncheon--indulging on scrumptious appetizers, wine, and Hudson River views. Most of the real work I did today was for church--organizing for a Green Sanctuary forum and putting together the Christmas Eve order of service. I worked steadfastly on these after putting the girls to sleep. Again, they were exhausted by 7:30-- good quality time before that spent playing Chutes and Ladders and Candy Land, reading stories, and cutting out pictures of things that begin with P from magazines (for homework). Good Day. Even if the "christmas spirit" still eludes, I do like the lights of my tree--so peaceful and mild.

No comments:

Post a Comment