Sunday, December 6, 2009

Peace

Is this a season of peace, or of chaos? Every December it seems I feel particularly sensitive to an air of negativity. Today at church, things just felt busy...even though the weather kept some away I'm sure. People who are usually friendly seemed stressed, though there were definitely connections and moments of light. I have felt upbeat and positive about life, for the most part, just a little disorganized, and disappointed that I can't seem to get this together. I guess "Disoriented" is the word to express my state in a season that is supposed to feel like home.

I guess it is just taking me a bit to acclimate to the season. Trying to keep track of all the things that need to get done.

Meanwhile Lance tells me I'm staying up too late... but it has taken this long to get my bearings.

The compass of our lives seems to point in two directions, as we spend half our time arguing over which way it should go. Wouldn't it be easier to leave it to chance?

Outside the garland and bows are up. Camille and I made her puppy dog ornament together for school. The tree is lit with lights, but missing its ornaments.Second week of advent, and the wreath is finally ready to be lit.

Slowly, my eyes grow heavy and droop...Sleep in heavenly peace. Sleep in heavenly peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment