Sunday, December 6, 2009

Let It Snow

I am sitting in the sunlight streaming through my inlaws window, reflection of the snow against my back. It is a lazy Sunday morning, a good respite from yesterday's full schedule of Christmas shopping and birthday party, dance theater class and house maintenance, car repairs and inlaw visiting. My feet ached last night, as I lay on the couch watching The Wedding Planner (my Achilles heel...), interspersed in commercial breaks with Bloodsport (and we wonder why I have an Achilles heel at all???). The remote was out of my hands, of course. There is a kind smile I can only imagine, as I slip away into dreams...

And now back to the morning reality, the stories put back on the shelves where they belong. We crashed on the couches here. The snow outside kept coming down, so we stayed over at my inlaws. Church today, but it's been a good slow morning so far. I don't need to worry about cleaning this house; I only need to look out on black dirt fields covered with pristine snow, sunlight gleaming, the house fully decorated from head to toe with garland and bows.

I sip on another cup of coffee and return to present. All is well.

No comments:

Post a Comment